Children learn through being actively engaged in their environment where new and varied hands-on experiences cause them to stop and question what they know. Our curriculum includes:
- Circle Time – includes calendars, sharing time, intro to letters, letter sounds, numbers & problem solving
- Group Games – promote problem-solving & moral development as children try to apply the rules to conflicts that arise during play
- Gym/Outside Play – promotes physical development
- Shared Family Style Meals – encourage manners, discussion about healthy eating and interaction
- Small Group Activities – where children are given time to explore new skills
Certified teachers guide large and small group interaction as well as encourage children to explore independently. Teachers observe, offer support, and gauge skill levels to determine when to introduce new experiences.
Preschool Rates and Class Times:
2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR:
4-YEAR-OLD PRESCHOOL START DATE:
AUGUST 25, 2022
3-YEAR-OLD PRESCHOOL START DATE:
SEPTEMBER 8, 2022
|3 yr old|
|$110 / month|
|4 & 5 yr old|
|M/T/Th/F||8:05-11:05 am||$172 / month|
|4 & 5 yr old|
|M/T/Th/F||12:05-3:05 pm||$172 / month|
Downtown: 250 20th Avenue North, Clinton, Iowa
Lyons Campus: 317 7th Avenue South, Clinton, Iowa
Classes contingent on enrollment. Times subject to change.
First month’s non-refundable tuition is due upon registering for preschool.
Children learn and develop in an environment that…
- Teaches how to work and play cooperatively with others
- Has a hands-on approach to learning
- Teaches problem solving skills
- Encourages use of imagination
- Provides a feeling of security and love through positive reinforcement
- Honors diversity and teaches respect and non-violent resolution
- Makes learning FUN!
Opportunities for Family Involvement
- Back to School Night
- Thanksgiving Meal & Performance
- December Family Fun & Craft Night
- End of Year Family Picnic
- 4’s & 5’s Preschool Graduation
- Class Parties & Field Trips
- Reading Class Books at home with your child!
“The great staff, positive teaching practices, flexible scheduling and convenient location are just some of the reasons we decided to keep our daughter at the YW after moving to DeWitt.” – Christy Pfeifle
For more information on the YWCA preschool, call us at 563-242-2190 or email email@example.com.