The Joy of Giving!
Make a difference in someone’s life today…
Donate to the YWCA
Opportunities for Giving
The YWCA is grateful to have the support of area businesses, industry, and individuals who donate to the YWCA in support of the programs and services we offer to our community. We thank you for considering the YWCA in your circle of giving!
The YWCA is a tax-exempt, non-profit organization under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions to the YWCA Clinton are tax-deductible as provided by the Federal Internal Revenue Code.
- Personal Donation – Direct donations to the YWCA current operating budget benefit the unique programs and services of the YWCA Children’s Center, Youth Department, Health and Wellness, and Empowerment Center which offers Rapid Rehousing and Homelessness Prevention services to families and individuals experiencing homelessness.
- Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Opportunities – Share your love of YWCA Clinton; invite family and friends to join you in supporting the YWCA by setting up a YWCA Peer-to-Peer fundraising page! We have the following P2P Fundraising options currently available:
- YWCA Supporting Member – A supporting member contributes $100 or more to support the mission of the YWCA. >>Learn more
- Pool Bench Donation – Celebrate an achievement, honor an organization, commemorate a milestone or remember a loved one with our Pool Bench Donation Program. the cost for each bench and commemorative plaque is $500. Enjoyed by all who use the YWCA pool, these benches are the perfect way to honor a loved one AND increase the enjoyment of all who visit the pool. Donation forms are available at the front desk or donate online HERE.
- Event Sponsorship – The YWCA Woman of Achievement Awards, YWCA Signature Auction, Halloween House of Wonders, and monthly senior-friendly YWCA 50+ programming are just a few of the events the YWCA provides each year. Our sponsors provide their financial support and help to defray the costs associated with offering these events to our community. Click here for a list of Upcoming Events.
- Endowment Gifts – The YWCA Endowment Fund insures that the YWCA will be able to meet the needs of women and their families both now and in the future.
- Contributions may be made using any of the following methods: Memorials, Securities and Real Estate Gifts, Life Insurance Policies, Retirement Programs, Gift by Will, Gift by Trust.
- AmazonSmile Program – If you shop at Amazon.com, here is an easy way for you to contribute to the YWCA every time you make a purchase. Simply sign up for their AmazonSmile Program* and Amazon will donate 0.5% of your total purchase to the YWCA. Your purchase price is not affected, and there’s nothing more for you to do…it’s really that simple!
Endow Iowa Tax Credit of 25%
The State of Iowa provides a unique opportunity for individuals as well as businesses that have a tax liability in Iowa. The Endow Iowa Tax Credit of 25% creates an additional savings to the taxpayer when making a contribution to a nonprofit organization, such as the YWCA, through a qualified Community Foundation.
Donors wishing to contribute to Clinton area organizations have this opportunity through the River Bluff Foundation, an affiliate of the Community Foundation of the Great River Bend located in the Quad Cities. The River Bluff Community Foundation is a charitable foundation created by and for the citizens located in eastern Clinton County, IA, and Whiteside County, IL. They help donors make a positive, local impact by offering a variety of giving tools to help people achieve their charitable giving goals and do good work that lasts forever in our communities. Through the River Bluff Foundation, you may make a contribution to the YWCA Endowment Fund.
For questions regarding the River Bluff Community Foundation, please contact Carol Machael, River Bluff Foundation President at 563-243-7773 or 563-357-7537 or by mail at Box 1152, Clinton, IA, 52732.
Additional information regarding Community Foundations can be found at www.cfgrb.org/river.bluff/.
To learn more about contributing to the YWCA, please contact the YWCA Financial Development Director at 563-242-2110 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact your attorney, banker, trust officer or tax adviser to set up the method of planned giving that is best for your situation.
YWCA Supporting Members
- YWCA Supporting Members are special friends of the YWCA who contribute $100 or more to support the mission of the YWCA.
- YWCA Supporting Members have the privileges of Basic YWCA Members. They receive basic member privileges and pay basic member reduced rates for classes and special programs.
- YWCA Supporting Members are recognized for their support at special supporting member events during the year.
- YWCA Supporting Members are crucial to your YW’s future as their contributions help assure that the YWCA will be an alive and viable organization serving women and their families for many years to come!
You may become a YWCA Supporting Member by making a donation today. Click the Supporting Membership button to donate quickly, easily and securely online. Or, if mailing a check, please complete the check donation form below to let us know to be on the look-out for your check and let us know it’s for a supporting membership. When filling out your check, please also make a “Supporting Member" notation on the memo line.