YWCA Clinton Update – February 22, 2021
The health and safety of our YWCA family and community continues to be our top priority.
Below is a list of operational changes we will continue to implement. We thank you for your continued patience and cooperation as we navigate this difficult time together.
- YWCA Clinton strives to take proactive measures to diminish the spread of flu or coronavirus by following CDC guidelines along with recommendations from the Iowa Department of Public Health and the Iowa Department of Human Services.
We will continue to provide the following essential services to help working families and others as needed:
- Continue to provide licensed Childcare at YWCA Children’s Centers to serve working families as long as proper staffing can be maintained. We will observe classroom quarantines as needed and appreciate our families’ understanding when we have to implement a quarantine. Our Extended Care will close at 9pm to ensure we are able to maintain proper staffing levels. We anticipate returning to full hours of operation in the Spring.
- We will continue to provide childcare openings for essential workers as available. Please call 563-244-8340 for openings.
- Continue to provide K-5 Care to serve working families as proper staffing can be maintained. Please call 563-212-4001 for more information. We will observe classroom quarantines as needed and appreciate our families’ understanding when we have to implement a quarantine.
- Continue to provide services for our most vulnerable homeless and near homeless individuals and families through the YWCA Empowerment Center. Please call our homeless hotline at 1-833-849-8976 if you are in need of housing or at risk of eviction.
- Continue to work closely with county and state health departments and CDC for guidance and recommendations.
To ensure the safety or our members, staff, and guests:
- We will maintain our regular fitness hours.
- All staff will be required to wear a mask at all times unless there is a written exception from a physician.
- All patrons will be required to wear a mask upon entry and in all common areas.
- Patrons and members will need to bring in their own masks for their personal use.
- Temperatures and a certification of good health will be required to be documented of all who enter the facility. Anyone with a fever will not permitted to use the facility.
- All entering facility will be required to maintain physical distance of 6 feet.
- Those who have symptoms or have family members who are experiencing symptoms are required to self-identify and should not enter the facility.
- All events are cancelled through June 2021. We will evaluate as dates approach.
- All in-person meetings are cancelled unless social distancing and masks can be maintained.
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting will take place throughout day.
- Fitness classes have resumed under an amended schedule with social distancing required. See our website.
- Our fitness facilities will remain open with social distancing required.
- The YWCA pool will remain open with social distancing required.
- Locker rooms will remain open with social distancing required. Masks should be worn when not showering.
- Members may remove masks only when actively working out and while able to maintain social distance and should put mask back on immediately after work out.
- All patrons will be required to spray down equipment BOTH before and after use.
- Anyone not following these procedures will receive one warning and on the second warning will be barred from using the facility for a period of one week.
- All staff and patrons using common areas will be required to wear a mask at all times. (Members will need to bring in their own masks for their personal use).
- The babysitting room will be open for limited hours as staff are available for children two years old and older. Masks are required for all children ages 2 & up.
- Swim lessons have resumed with social distancing where possible.
- The sauna is open but limited to 3 people max at one time. Social distancing required.
- The hot tub is closed until further notice.
Childcare & Youth
- Masks are required for children 2 years and older. Masks may be removed while eating. Staff will work to limit exposure at meal and snack times.
- Staff and children with symptoms of COVID-19 are required to stay home.
- Upon check-in, we will be taking temperatures of children. Children and staff found with COVID symptoms or temperature greater than 100 degrees will not be allowed into the program or sent home.
- Increased handwashing throughout the day.
- Increased activities with social distancing where possible.
- Parents/caregivers may enter the facility (masks worn). Parents may not enter the childcare facility and must drop children off to YWCA staff at childcare door (inside facility, use back entrance).
- Extra cleaning and disinfecting precautions are being implemented in addition to regular procedures.
Empowerment Center – Homelessness and Near Homeless Services
- Clients will continue to be served via phone. Please call 1-833-849-8976 if you are in need of housing assistance or at risk of being evicted.
- All events are cancelled until June 2021 and will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis thereafter.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we evaluate adding back events, programs, and classes as quickly as is safely possible.